Everything happens for a reason and one should never second guess that reason.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

40 weeks and we have an induction scheduled!!

Oh boy has this past week been an eventful one. First off Saturday Randy and I had to venture to the hospital to get a stress test done because little miss Aubrey hadn't moved in over a day. While I was hooked up to the monitor for the first 15 minutes she wasn't moving and the on call doctor was a bit nervous. Then for some reason she decided she was going to show off and was moving like crazy. Both the nurse and the doctor kept asking me if I was having any contractions and I couldn't understand why. I kept telling them no and to my surprise the doctor told me I was having them I just couldn't feel them. Thankfully everything turned out okay and they sent me home a little over an hour after we got there.

Yesterday I had my 40 week check up, and some things were good and others not so much. For the first time during my pregnancy my blood pressure was high and the doctor asked if I had felt her move much that day and sadly I hadn't so they had to do another stress test... The doctor then again checked to see if I had started to dilate and I was still at a zero, so what does she do you ask? Well she forced her way through and I am now dilated 1 cm!!

Once they got me hooked up to the monitor I had to drink really ice cold water and eat some crackers, in hopes of waking the baby up. Nope, she is like her momma and loves her sleep so the nurse had to buzz my stomach which got her up right away. She was not a happy camper by all means. After almost an hour of monitoring her they finally let me leave.

The doctor told me we were going to induce labor and the nurse would call today to tell me the day an time. So this afternoon I got the phone call that Randy and I will be checking into the hospital Wednesday night and starting the induction Thursday morning! So this time next week I will be holding my little bundle of joy, Randy and I couldn't be any happier. I am just so excited that the time has finally come and can't wait to meet this little princess!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow this totally just brought back memories of Kausten. He was stubborn on those stress tests also. Then I had Emmalyn who was normal, active, and came out on time. WE can't wait to meet baby Aubrey.

    ReplyDelete