Throughout the rest of the night Aubrey would go into fetal distress but for only 10 or 15 seconds and then it would go back to normal. Around 6 am I got up to use the bathroom and my nurse was getting ready to start my piticon when Aubrey went into fetal destress yet again but for four and half minutes this time. So again all these nurses came running into my room putting the oxygen on me, flipping me like bacon and they even put leads on my to check for her. They had to call the on-call doctor and the in-house doctor to come and check on me. Hubby and I were really scared at this point because 4 and half minutes is a long time to not find a baby's heart rate. Once they picked it up a huge sigh of relief came over me but I knew there was a chance it could happen again.
So around 7:30 am my doctor came and checked on me I was still at 1cm and we discussed our options of what to do. I waited until my mom got to the hospital to tell her and between her, hubby and I we decided I needed to get a c-section because we didn't know if Aubrey would go into fetal distress again or if we were clear of all that. So at 1 pm I was taken back for my c-section and at 1:34 pm little miss Aubrey was born weighing 7 lbs 2 oz and was 20.5 inches long. To add to an even more exciting story when my doctor pulled her our she was butt first, little did we know this whole time she was breech. So even if I had tried or continued to do a vaginal birth I was going to have a c-section anyways.
Everything worked out great and both Aubrey and I are doing well. We came home yesterday (sunday the 12th) and it has been the most wonderful experience I have ever had. I am so glad she is here and both hubby and I cherrish each and every day with her. Here are a few pictures of our little family.
Mommy and little Aubrey



No comments:
Post a Comment